Absence

depression, absence, insomnia, anxiety, social anxiety, mental health, mental health blog,


At this rate I'll be a fortnightly blogger! I'm afraid there won't be a post this evening. Insomnia has finally taken it's toll. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night, it certainly hasn't happened in February. I suppose this is the risk you take reading my blog, it's the nature of the illness, it doesn't care for schedules no matter how important your day is. I never want to let anyone down, I'd hate to think of someone that relies upon the blog gearing up to read a post only to find there isn't one. Then again, it would fill me with immense pleasure if I knew that I was helping someone, that they eagerly anticipated my posts each week. When times are tough I usually try to rally. Even if it's been a hard day, I can usually bring something together for a post. I never want to give up on this, writing has helped me so much. However, I also don't want to lose the joy I have for the process. Putting too much pressure on myself risks flattening that joy and myself in the process. Fear not, I will return. I'll always make an effort to let you know what's going on the Facebook page. I look forward to getting out of this period of insomnia so I can be running on (almost) full cylinders again!


Follow  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© cheerful Chelsea. All rights reserved.
A pipdig Blogger Template